How to define the suggested document templates
You can help your users to choose a suggested document template by associating the document templates with an appropriate document metadata/field, e.g. "Document types". This is called "Suggested document templates" and is configured per workspace configuration.
- Go to MetaShare's start page.
- Click on the "Settings" function in the top bar:
- Click on the workspace configuration that you want to customize, in MetaShare settings' left navigation menu.
- On the workspace configuration's settings-page, select a "Term set for document types", basically the term set that you want to define to narrow down your selection of document templates, e.g. "Document types":
Note: The site column that is connected to this term set should be of a single value managed metadata column.
- Click on the "Save" button.
- A new sub-menu for the workspace configuration called "Suggested templates" will now be shown:
- Click the "Suggested templates" menu.
- Select a term from the drop down and mark the document templates that should be suggested for the selected term:
Repeat this for all the terms that you want to connect to a template.
- Once you have assigned appropriate document templates for all the applicable terms, click on the "Save" button.
- When creating documents using the "New" function, the "Document template" field will be shown under the field that defines the relation to the templates and the suggested options will be listed on the top of the "Document template" field: