MetaShare’s default columns and content type
When you activate MetaShare you are asked to select a language for MetaShare's default/sample information model:
If you select English, these objects are created in the content type hub, in English:
- Three managed metadata site columns that are linked to MetaShare's default term sets:
- Area (mapped to the "Areas" term set)
- Document type (mapped to the "Document types" term set)
- Keywords (mapped to the "Keywords" term set)
- One document content type called MetaShare Document that the three columns are added to and that is published during the MetaShare activation.
MetaShare’s standard content type and site columns can be used, modified or deleted without effecting the solution.
For a simple implementation of MetaShare, it is recommended to only have one content type per workspace configuration.
Content Types are created from MetaShare Settings, under a workspace configuration’s "Document content types" section. By using this link, user’s can be sure that they are always creating the content type in the content type hub.