How do I change the name of one of the document filters/columns?
If you want to change the display name of one of the columns that you use within MetaShare, do the following:
- Open the content type that is used in the workspace.
- In the new window that open up, click on the column that you want to rename, in this case "Project phase":
- Click on the link "Edit site column":
- Change the name of the column in the "Column name" field and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "OK" button:
- Click on the "OK" button on this page:
- Republish the changed content type by clicking on the "Manage publishing for this content type" link:
- By default the "Republish" option is selected. You now just have to click on the "OK" button:
- Normally it only takes an hour or two for your changes to be reflected in all workspaces, but sometimes it can take up to a day, see more information about republishing content types here.