What does MetaShare do when creating workspaces?
When creating workspaces in MetaShare, these are the automated steps that it does:
- The workspace is created (a SharePoint site collection), based on SharePoint’s "Team site" template and its URL will be set to the value of the "SharePoint URL" field:
- The site’s title is set to the given "Name" of the workspace:
- The MetaShare Administrator will be set as the site collection’s administrator.
- The site’s time zone will be set to the selected Time zone:
- A custom permission level called “Administrate” will be created in the workspace and the site’s Owners group will be assigned this permission in the site.
- The person that creates the workspace will be added to the workspace’s Owner group.
- The content types, defined by the workspace’s configuration, will be attached to the workspace’s document library.
- When the workspace creation is completed an e-mail is sent to the user that created the workspace, with a direct link to the MetaShare workspace:
- Once SharePoint search has crawled and indexed the newly created workspace it will appear among the list of workspaces, in MetaShare's start page.
- When users go to the workspace, it will now have the filters, columns and suggested templates/document types, as defined by the workspace’s configuration.