How to sort documents
- By default, documents are sorted by modified date, descending order, so the latest modified documents will be shown on the top of the page.
- To change the documents' sort order, click on any of the documents' column headers.
- The documents will then be sorted by the column.
- An arrow will be presented, to the left of the column, showing the sort order, in this case ascending.
- Toggling on the column will change the sort order to or descending and change the direction of the arrow.
- The sorted columns are remembered so that a page refresh will not loose the applied sorting.
- Any conducted sorting will be added to the URL of the page, so after having conducted a sorting, maybe combined with a filtering or search, you can bookmark the page or easily share this sorting/search/filtering with others by copying it to an e-mail or to a page on an intranet.
- Managed metadata, choice and people columns can be sorted, but if they are configured to allow multiple values, they cannot be sorted as it is not meaningful to sort multiple values.